What do you think? EFL intro piece

Posted on

Would love your feedback!

I am attaching a one-page intro sheet (front and back) that I am designing to introduce people to what Equipped for Life is, the idea behind it and some details of what EFL will offer.  The front page is a screen shot of a possible design for a website home screen and the back page gives some details about the three categories listed on the front page.

Let me know what is missing…what should be left off…overall what your impression is…and last of all, what other means of equipping Christian leaders you might like to see EFL offer that are not mentioned.

You can either comment here or email me at dhorner.efl@gmail.com.  Thanks for your interest and your help!  EFL for FBEFL for FB2

8 thoughts on “What do you think? EFL intro piece

dnew061562 said:
    February 29, 2016 at 3:13 pm

David,
    Wanted to give you some feedback in addition to the good feedback above.

* It may have been just me, but I was a little confused by the terms Sunergos Center and Flagship Trust. As mentioned by Monique above, Center seems to imply a physical place versus a set of services that you can provide for churches and church leaders. Trust seems to imply a service that would come from a bank or a more formal financial offering than a set of consulting services around stewardship and giving. I like the concepts of Sunergos and Flagship though; I would just pick another word to go along with them to give a clearer concept to what you are offering. If the average person has to ask what it is after reading your offering name, you probably aren’t accomplishing what you want by the label or brand of your offering.

* Who do you see as the person or group that would benefit most from these services? Is it an individual pastor or a church leadership team or both? You might want to be explicit in each offering description what the expected outcomes the leader or church might expect. For instance in Flagship Trust you might say that the target would be increased giving or increased participation in or heart towards stewardship by their congregations. It might seem obvious to you or me but getting to the “so what” quickly always helps the person reading it.

Looks exciting…can’t wait to see what God will continue to do through your ministry!

davidhhorner responded:
      February 29, 2016 at 3:53 pm

David, thanks so much for giving this a good look and then some helpful comments. If things have to be explained, that is not always bad, but first impressions should not have to be if it can be helped. So thanks for a fresh set of eyes to help me avoid missing some obvious things! Can’t wait to see what unfolds!

Monique said:
    February 27, 2016 at 2:42 pm

Pastor Horner,

Sunergos Center – This section leaves questions for me on the second page. Other than the definition of Sunergos, is it a physical building named Sunergos Center? The target audience (Christian leaders) is stated in the definition with Sunergos so I am not sure it needs to be repeated in the methods to equip the target audience. Maybe the target audience would understand but I could not explain what pulpit supply was if I picked out a few key things to highlight should I ever have need to refer to the types of things that the Sunergos Center offered. Perhaps there could be some groupings for repetitive methods of delivery. It seems that Teaching, Preaching and Hosting are all methods used at say conferences, forums and seminars? Question about Teaching – are you saying that the teaching will be held at universities, colleges, seminaries or just the classes? One could look at it two ways. For preaching, I take it that the subject matter is in parentheses for conferences only. But you could mean to say that it is for both pulpit supply and conferences? The simpler, the better is what I am after. I can digest all the other sections and agree with the above suggestions.

Monique

davidhhorner responded:
      February 27, 2016 at 4:36 pm

Great feedback! Clarity always wins, repetitive can be helpful in some cases but redundant in others. As I look at revising this initial draft, this kind of thinking will be very helpful! Thanks so much for offering these thoughts! DH

truthinweakness said:
    February 27, 2016 at 11:10 am

looks great! a question & an idea after just a quick look. question: if i click on the strategy, the opps, or the catalogue (great descriptors, btw), will it all take me to this same one pager? if possible to have dedicated sub-pages for each instead, that would be ideal, and i’m sure i’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. 😉 also, i’d vote for adding an “About EFL” link to the top options on the web page (as the leading one on the left before sunergos), where after clicking, info. like EFL’s mission, founding, your bio, etc. would be featured.

enjoying watching the Lord unfold this wonderful next chapter in your lives,
    tanya

davidhhorner responded:
      February 27, 2016 at 11:19 am

Excellent! Yes, on the website, each sub-page would be even further subdivided to give the particulars for each category that appear now as bullets. Also, “about EFL” is a must on the website…good observation! Thanks so much for your input!

Cathy Horner said:
    February 27, 2016 at 10:38 am

David, One thing I noticed, which is a small thing but is something that I look for — the order of the divisions on the front (left to right) is not the order of the divisions on the back. Is that something you’d like to correct? Cathy

davidhhorner responded:
      February 27, 2016 at 10:41 am

Saw that…good catch! In the final product I will definitely want to fix that! Thanks!