Nicole’s Baptism

Posted on

Nicole and me at the fall festival last year...guess that makes me "the beast!"

Once in a while a special gift from the Lord falls down upon you and fills you with such joy that it has to be shared!  A few months ago, I got to baptize a young lady named Nicole and the occasion turned into a source of awe for all of us there.  It was so wonderful that she and her parents agreed to allow us to share it with the entire congregation on Easter Sunday morning.

Grab the tissues, pull up a chair and prepare to listen to the gospel in one of the clearest expressions of God’s love, grace and sufficiency in Christ I have heard in many years!

By the way, you cannot hear it but by the end of Nicole’s song, the entire congregation is singing along with her quietly.  One of those extraordinary moments in the life of a church family!

7 thoughts on “Nicole’s Baptism

thomasagnew said:
    April 27, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Hello Pastor David,
    You don’t know me, but wife and I were involved under Steve Wright’s leadership in the youth ministry during a difficult season of ministry. 5 years ago we moved to Nashville to start Providence Baptist Fellowship in Nolensville and my time at Providence Raleigh has proved invaluable over and over again! This video is just one proof of that fact. It is soooo timely because one of the pastors I serve with just had his 4th baby (4 weeks ago) only to find out that she has down syndrome. They had no clue. SHe has had complications with her GI tract and has heart issues that will need to remedied in the months to come. Long story short, I forwarded this video to him and his wife and they were over joyed with the hope they found in it!

Grace upon grace keeps returning to us for taking a few months to settle our souls in the midst of some disappointing ministry experiences. I am so grateful for Providence and your leadership as well as the other pastors on staff.

God Bless,
    Tom Agnew

davidhhorner responded:
      April 27, 2012 at 2:10 pm

Tom, you don’t know how grateful I am that you shared that! Thank you for sharing it with that family and encouraging them in such a practical way. Keep in touch if we can help you as things develop. David

Paul Briggs said:
    April 26, 2012 at 7:36 am

I will never forget it. Thank you for letting me take part on that day.

Maggie Myatt, mother of Grace said:
    April 25, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Thank you for sharing. I have a 14 year old Down syndrome daughter and I am going to share this with her. She loves Jesus too, but has not been baptised yet. Our Special Needles ministry is working on making this happen for kids! Thanks Nicole for showing us the way!

davidhhorner responded:
      April 26, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Thank you for commenting…that is such an encouragement! I hope your daughter finds the confidence she needs. She obviously has the love and support. Thanks!

tanya @ truthinweakness said:
    April 25, 2012 at 9:43 pm

this left me in streaming tears of worship on easter morning . . . (and after having known her mom for a few yrs from school, i finally had the privilege of meeting nicole just a few days before this was shown on easter sunday.) thx so much for sharing — such sacred moments of worship for sure.

Stacey Edwards said:
    April 25, 2012 at 8:56 pm

David- thank you for sharing Nicole’s baptism. That was awesome!!!!!!